Between designs of my current packs (Vanillaccurate, Realaccurate and ToonAccurate) I do tests and experiments with various textures and photographs. Some of those end up getting used in one of my packs but not always.
At some point when I am closer to completion with my current stuff I’ll look for inspiration for a new pack, those experiments are the first place I’ll come looking I guess.
Here are some textures I quickly whipped up using old photographic data I had lying around. I made tiles and a rocky texture from those, and even used some random CTM.
It’s probably going nowhere but it’s still fun.
Shader I used: Kappa v4.1